Valentine’s Day has always been a favorite holiday of mine to make cards for dear friends. This year our Character Construction Tag Swap had a Valentine’s theme.
I chose to call my tags, “Love Is from the Heart”. For more than 15 years I have played on the theme of from the heart for all of my card making because of the feeling that I get when I make my various holiday cards for my friends and family. They are always from my heart that I create them.
The tag has several layers to it, starting with a base tag that is covered with a background paper with poetic words in gold. I then applied two lace hearts, one in red and one in gold.
The actual Valentine’s Lady was constructed using the following stamps from Character Construction:
- Face, Beekeeper’s Tea, #01
- Dress, Bird & Bee, #06
- Apron, Bird & Bee, #01
- Arms, Inner Child, #01
- Legs, French Laundry, #14
I am always amazed how the different parts from the different sets end up going together so well.
I then decorated each lady with the following:
- Hat was covered in rose stitched lace from Britex San Francisco
- Apron was trimmed in white glitter and red ric-rac
- Envelopes were cut out and flap covered in pink glitter with paper flower attached to the front
- Lady is holding a crystal heart
- Various decorative trims were used at the top of the tag
Happy Valentine’s Day!